2018 Chili Cookoff
February 11th, 2018
After the 11 o’clock service
Church Fellowship Hall (Lower Level)
Open to anyone who thinks they have a great Chili recipe.
See Chili Cookoff Rules & Voting Criteria Below
Register online or via signup sheet in church foyer.
Click Here To Register Online
Everyone in attendance is invited to participating in the judging of the contest.
Prizes will be awarded to the winners.
Sponsored by: FBC Men’s Ministry
For More Information Contact:
Chili Cook Off Rules:
- Allowing three different varieties of chili – Classic (meat, beans, chili peppers), no-bean and vegetarian.
- Bring your chili in a slow cooker we will have power outlets available to keep it warm.
- Make sure you make enough chili to fill your slow cooker we want everyone participating to be able to try a sample of your chili.
- Keep the cook of each chili secret—as to not throw the vote!
- Guests vote using a ballot and the chili with the most votes will win.
- There will be three awards: best overall, spiciest and most unique.
Recommended Voting Criteria for Chili
- Color -- Does the chili look appetizing? Does it look bright and colorful or dull and bland?
- Aroma -- Does it smell good? Does the aroma make you want to dig in?
- Consistency -- How is the meat-to-sauce ratio? It shouldn't be runny, mushy or overly thick.
- Taste -- How is the flavor? Do the ingredients blend well, or is one too overpowering? Does the first bite make you want another one?
- Aftertaste -- Once you swallow, is there a spicy taste ("bite") that stays on your tongue? Is it pleasant?